Just sharing what I made on the weekend this jewellery stand was made out of a photo frame that I bought from the local $2 shop. I bought one that has a stand on it so I can just place it on my table instead of having to hang it but you could use either.
- To make your own all you need to do is take out the back of the frame and remove the glass.
- Then I marked out where I wanted the holes for my earrings to go, down the bottom I put all my smaller paired earrings together. The next level of holes was for the earrings that dangle so I put a gap of about 3-4cms, the next level I put holes for the hooks for bracelets, then the top level is for necklaces. Once I had marked the holes I got the good old trusty drill out and drilled the holes only 1mm bit was used.
- I then glued felt over the inside of the wood insert to make it more squishy. Over the felt I glued material that I liked.
- Then I put the backing back into the frame and got a thick pin and pushed through the material at the front through to the back where the holes were I had drilled earlier. I also screwed in some hooks I had left over, you can use any type of hooks that you like.
- To finalize I hammered in some thumb-takes in the top for hanging rings on and also thumb-takes were put in the side for pendants to be hung.
Thats it! It only took me a couple of hours to complete and there is endless variations you could try. Let me know if you give it ago would love to see yours.